Friday, December 30, 2011

Holidays are Over


The holidays are now over. The Christmas sweater for the mister was completed in plenty of time to give for Christmas, but I had a little bit of a sewing up incident on one of the shoulders - makes him look a little lopsided! So I've got to fix that up before doing a photo shoot.

Santa was very kind to me this year and I got exactly what I wished for.

Yes, those are dyes. I've really been wanting to try my hand at dyeing yarn for some time now. I'd love to be able to be able to sell some one day but first I think that I had better get some practice in. I've done some dyeing before with Easter egg dyes and I thought the resulting yarn was gorgeous but this is a bit of a step up in terms of equipment. I had wanted to try it out today but I woke up to this:

It's very pretty and I love snow but in order to mix the dyes properly to work with, I need to be in a well ventilated but not windy place. So the on again/off again snow squall weather we've been having this morning hasn't exactly been ideal. I'm hoping that the weather will improve this afternoon. At least enough to allow me half an hour of non-windy mix time.

No comments:

Post a Comment