Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here we go!

10 things to know about this blog and its owner
1. This is first and foremost a knitting site. My knitting patterns and designs will be featured along with tips and tricks for knitters.

2. I have a life and sometimes it spills into my blog. I'll keep the drama to a minimum but funny stories and knitting fails (hopefully not too frequent) will be documented.

3. I'm a good photographer but sometimes forget my camera.

4. I do talk quite a bit about my design process.

5. I try hard to make my patterns available for people of all shapes and sizes. Sometimes I find this challenging but I think it's a good goal.

6. I am a human being who makes mistakes (hence my need for an "Errata" section). Please let me know if I am making one.

7. I'm really into sustainable development. If you think that I am being preachy on this subject please let me know. See #1.

8. I donate 10% of my profits from my pattern sales to charity. The charity changes from time to time as the whim takes me. I'll make periodic announcements on this subject.

9. I prefer circular to straight needles and wool to all other fibres. I have never knitted a toy, a sci-fi thing or a cozy for any sort of inanimate object. I don't knit dishcloths, towels or soakers. I spin but don't have the room to prepare my own fibre right now. These are all subject to change. Except the circular needles thing - you'll get them from my cold dead knitting hands!

10. I love to hear from people who knit my things. If you send me pictures I will share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment