Friday, November 4, 2011

Motherlode

I live in France but I am not french. Mostly I like it but there are certain things that I miss. One of those things is books and magazines. I do read in French and I have the option of getting books from Amazon or for my eReader so it's not like I am starved for stimulation but it's not the same as living in an English-speaking country. This weekend things are different. It's the semi-annual English Library Booksale in Geneva so Honey and I kicked off three days of book buying madness.

The spoils: 

Fiction - should keep me busy for a little while

An old Joy of Cooking! I far prefer the older versions to the newer ones.

Classic recipes for aspic salads. Frighteningly, these pages seem more worn than the sections on cakes.

I'm hoping that this cute little book will yield some potential designs.


Weldon's Encyclopedia of Needlework. Soo pretty. And some letters tucked in it seem to indicate that the previous owner was trying to arrange a marriage for a female relative. 

Grafting instructions from Weldon's. Very Clear.
Classic style, no?

Hopefully this will be helpful in doing a little sewing.
Some of the looks are a little dated but that's alright, the principles are still sound.
Other looks are cute! I want this jacket.




No comments:

Post a Comment