Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In the Works

You know that girl in highschool who had a new crush every week? And she was always soooo in love? I'm sure you've met her. Maybe you sat next to her in Chemistry class, or maybe she rode the bus with you. We've all wanted to tell this girl to give it a little more time before falling in love, maybe she should get to know this boy before falling head over heels in love with him.

I have a confession to make. I am that girl. I fall in love every week, sometimes even more often than that. Fortunately for my honey, I'm not falling in love with a new person every week just a new project. I am a serial monogamist with my knitting. If I start something new, it's an obsession for the next few days at least. If I'm lucky, or I have a deadline I can keep at something for a week or two before falling totally in love with my new crush.

Fortunately for my storage and my sanity I can fall back in love with a project after some time apart. But sometimes I do have to go through the "naughty box" and cull the herd. It's painful but very fulfilling, like throwing out the junk that your ex left at your house.

My crush of the moment came out of the naughty box. It's Wollmeise 100% Merino Superwash in Pesto.. swoon. Some people say that this is a stringy yarn to work with but I like that. This is definitely one of

It's very difficult to capture the depth of colour of this yarn but it's so lovely. Normally I prefer more muted colours but this yarn just calls out to me. It's my favourite colour and I will have a beautiful sweater out of it.

I drew this sketch a couple months ago. I was really looking for something to replace a beloved sweater that my mom had bought for me. I wanted something long that would come in just above the waist and originally I wanted something blue. The blue part was obviously not meant to be but I am loving knitting this sweater and it's turning out to be quite flattering. I'm really liking trying out a looser fabric (I'm working with 3.5 mm needles) and I think it's going to be very versatile.

Look out for a pattern for this in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment